Saturday, August 22, 2009

Web usability report on Sunrise website

The site is the official site of the 'Sunrise' breakfast program on Channel 7
http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/sunrise/
date=2009-08-07 22:25:03

Of course this should be very usable. Big budget, every
refreshening content, promoted through breakfast telly and supported by
advertisers and very large and loyal audience. I couldn't really fault the
site except to say the content was a bit lightweight for me.

1. Overall, I am satisfied with how easy it is to use this system 7
2. It was simple to use this system 7
3. I can effectively complete my work using this system 6
4. I am able to complete my work quickly using this system 6
5. I am able to efficiently complete my work using this system 6
6. I feel comfortable using this system 4
7. It was easy to learn to use this system 5
8. I believe I became productive quickly using this 6
9. The system gives error messages that clearly tell me how to fix problems 7
10. Whenever I make a mistake using the system, I recover easily and quickly 7
11. The information (such as online help, on-screen messages, and other documentation) provided with this system is clear 8
12. It is easy to find the information I needed 8
13. The information provided for the system is easy to understand 8
14. The information is effective in helping me complete the tasks and scenarios 7
15. The organization of information on the system screens is clear 7
16. The interface of this system is pleasant 9
17. I like using the interface of this system 8
18. This system has all the functions and capabilities I expect it to have 8
19. Overall, I am satisfied with this system 8
The site is directed at a huge demographic from non web savvy seniors to very web savvy teenagers. A site that tries so hard to be 'all things to all people' is bound to be on the insipid side and I found its manufactured friendliness a little off putting. I started to think I should have chosen a terrorism site or a techie nerd's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment