Monday, August 3, 2009

Listen up

Hi all - in the nicest possible way....................,
I do not like blogging because I like to keep things to myself. I am a private person who believes everyone should just mind their own business. However, in this course, that is not an option.
So let me introduce myself: male, baby boomer, tree hugging, lefty, muso, teacher, migrant parents, arty, aussie.....is there anything else I should mention? Hopefully not.
Now we can get on with interacting about the intersection of communities and ICT.
I live in the bush 5 kms from the nearest town (which is tiny - its called a 'hamlet'). Despite people being separated by huge paddocks, farms and stretches of bush we consider ourselves to be a 'close knit' community. With the annual Carols, the Talent quest, Anzac day dawn service, funerals, births , marriages,Irish night, words in winter, historical society, landcare, CWA (I could go on) there is no shortage of excuses for people to come together and 'interact'.
Most people here are not 'online' and prefer it that way. That being said, everyone carries their closest confident's telephone numbers in their heads easily because of two things:they are always ringing each other up and they only need to remember the last three numbers of everyone's phone number.
Welcome to my world
j

No comments:

Post a Comment