Friday, October 9, 2009

Assignment 2 Introduction

Way back at the start of this unit, I introduced myself as a social networking sceptic. I could have just cut and pasted that entry into this one but it is no longer accurate.
Yes - I know I've had to be dragged kicking and screaming into Web 2.0, Classroom 2.0, Skype, MOO, Moodle, Facebook, Delicious, Ning, Twitter and a whole bookmark folder of others but NOW I don't think these 2.0 things are ALL bad.
The good bits are that you can access the latest information and conversation in just about anything via RSS, Delicious and others but the bad thing is that you can very easily let your life slip away as you burrow still deeper in the blogosphere for that last morsel of information that even your most gung ho pod mate has given up on.
The other good bit is that through the conjuring of sites like Facebook, I've been able to connect to people I've lost contact with for 30 years. I've even met some of them in the real world.
Another bad bit is that when the conjuring gets too random (as in Second Life) its made me feel like a cross dresser at a bucks' party.

No comments:

Post a Comment